Grundy Funeral Home was established in 1932 and was located in downtown Grundy, on Main Street. The owners were Arthur Goff, Lewis Hunter and John Scott. It was then moved to its present location, on Riverside Drive in Grundy, in 1947, and was under ownership of C.W. “Pete” Hurst and his brother from Richlands.

Grundy Funeral Home’s present manager, T.C. Mullins, Jr., (Junior), started working for the funeral home in January 1952, one year after he married Agnes McClanahan. The couple had their only son, Curtis, in September 1952. Both T.C. Mullins, Jr., and his son Curtis, are licensed Funeral Directors. Junior graduated from Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1963. Curtis graduated from Gupton Jones School in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1978.

Grundy Funeral Home has a staff of nine full-time employees and several part-time employees. The funeral home recently constructed a large parking lot to better serve the public. Grundy Funeral Home’s watchwords have always been Dignity and Respect.

“We are always here when families need us to provide fitting and economical services in their difficult time of need”

Grundy Funeral Home, the only Funeral Home in the area with two complete chapels, is “Like a Home”, acting kindly, lovingly, with tender care, when families need us most.







Grundy Funeral Home of Southwest Virginia, Inc.
P.O. Box 1016 or 22208 Riverside Drive, Grundy, Virginia  24614
276-935-4571 * 276-935-4572 * email: